Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It is December 7, and I am currently down 47 pounds. I started eating sugar and carbs again on Saturday the 4th, and quite honestly it scares me to death! I have discovered that I am totally addicted to sugar. I can handle eating a small portion of pasta or potatoes and THANK GOODNESS I can now order a small cheeseburger and be totally satisfied, rather than a Whopper, but candy, cake, cookies, I taste that sugar and I want MORE! It is awful. I hope that doing this for a year will get me straightened out. I don't want to live my life without sugar, I have to be able to get it under control. At this point I can't wait to start back on my shots and get this weight loss started again.

Scott had his birthday yesterday. He turned 39, and I would love to throw him a party next year when he turns 40. Hard to believe that he was 20 when I first met him.

It is so cold here. Today the high is 22 degrees. I know that I have nothing on the Alaskans in the family, but it is still really cold. When I come to visit you, I would like it to be a least 50 degrees! We have a several inches of snow here and I hope it doesn't do this all winter. I think it is time for me to migrate south again!

As for everything else, we are busy getting ready for Christmas. We have already made the first batch of Christmas cookies, the tree is up and four presents are under it. Savannah is anxiously awaiting making the gingerbread house and she loves listening to Christmas carols. She also has an advent calender, which is helpful when she asks if Santa is coming today. The shopping is getting done, slowly but surely, and even though I am freezing my toes off, it still remains one of my favorite times of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment