Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

How things are going these days. . .

Today is the third day of my second round of HCG shots. The first two days of course are loading days, so today is the first day on the 500 calories. Mentally, I am totally there. Physically, it has been a tough day. I am sure that I had the same hunger pangs when I did the first round three months ago, but I had pneumonia then and I didn't really care about anything. I really feel it now. I will be strong and prevail though. I haven't cheated so far, and I won't. This is too important to getting my life back. I am going to get a Vitatrim shot tomorrow, so hopefully that will boost my energy levels. The first few days are the most difficult. The thing about eating on a VLCD is that when you do get to eat, anything you eat tastes GREAT! So, at this point I am down 47 pounds and I am looking forward to seeing that number drop. It was kind of nice having my load days fall right at Christmas though!

Christmas was great. For the first time ever, I was actually ready a week ahead of time. I was able to not get stressed out at all, and really enjoy the evenings, making a gingerbread house and baking cookies with Savannah. I also enjoyed a rare night out with Scott, to go do some shopping and out to a nice dinner. I felt this Christmas season was really nice and relaxing and non-stressful. You just have to work a little in the weeks running up to it, to make it such. I really wanted to sit back and enjoy the time with my family.

Savannah has thoroughly enjoyed herself this Christmas. She loved all of her toys and was really excited about Santa coming. She was glad that Santa paid a visit to her school after she sent her letter, so she could revise her letter in person! As long as all of the Baby Alive dolls showed up under the tree, she was going to be happy. Which she was. She is a little mommy at heart. It really is quite touching.

As far as New Years resolutions go, I don't think I have actual resolutions. I made the commitment to a healthy lifestyle in September and I plan to continue on the journey. I started dedicating myself to consciously trying to save money on groceries and other things a few months ago, and of course I plan to continue this as well. I want to become a better wife, better mother, better friend and communicator. Ultimately, I want to do these things through the will of God and what he wants for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment