Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Maintaining

Life these days has one very important word in the forefront of my mind. . .maintenance. Maintaining my weight loss is key. I have however cooked several of my favorite meals and had the in-laws over for eating and fellowship. Two weeks ago I made pinto beans with ham and cornbread, scalloped potatoes, and apple crisp with ice cream. After that meal I was MISERABLE. The next week I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, crock pot corn, green beans and garlic bread. I kept myself in check and felt much better than the week before. The good thing about having everyone over was that we had very little leftovers, so I wasn't forced to eat them two days in a row. Not that it would have hurt my feelings, but it might have hurt my waistline. For anyone who doesn't know about crock pot corn, it is easy. Frozen, two pound bag of corn in a crock pot, put 1/2 stick butter, 8 ounces, cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar all on top of the corn, put on the lid and cook on low for 3 hours. Do not take off the lid for 3 hours. At the end, stir it all up and it is awesome! Big winner at my house.

Next weekend I am going to Greensboro, NC to meet my best friend Rebecca. We are staying three days with no men and no children. I am so excited, although I have never been away from Savannah that long. I think that it will be good for both of us. I am sure we are going to have a wonderful relaxing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment