Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The week of a child

This week Savannah has discovered that she loves fried shrimp and lasagna. I always love discoveries like this because it is yet something else that we have in common! This week is being quickly filled by field trips, which is my little adventurer's favorite passtime. Yesterday she rode on the Abingdon trolley, which she has been dying to do and today she is going to the Coomes Center to go swimming and on a picnic. When she found out her response was, "Woo-Hoo!" This is her standard response to anything that is exciting in her mind. She met a new friend the other day and said "Mom, don't you think she looks like Lena?" Now, I must interject that she has met Lena once, and it was four months ago, and the fact was that the little girl did indeed look a lot like Lena! Her brain doesn't forget anyone or anything. Of course this is what I would say, after all, I am her mother! I do love the unending excitement of a child. We should all take a lesson from them. Joy in all things!

No comments:

Post a Comment