Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Oh! The Anticipation

They say that the most exciting thing about vacation is the anticipation of it, and I do believe that is true. I find myself almost wishing my life away for at least one month before anything exciting comes up. The next few weeks are going to be exciting at the Rhea household.

My parents are coming for a visit on Saturday and they are staying until Thursday. Savannah is so excited to see her Granny that it is about to drive her crazy. She hasn't seen Granny since the end of April when we went to visit them. My dad came for a short visit later in May, so we have seen him since, but it has been a long time since we have seen my mom. Four months to a four year old seems like forever.

Then, on Thursday, we are leaving (my parents, Savannah and I) for Lexington, SC to attend my cousin Raegen's wedding weekend extravaganza. I am so excited to get away for a few days and spend it with aunts, uncles and cousins. We are all staying at the same hotel, so our kids will be swimming and playing and having a ball together. That with the rehearsal dinner and wedding, will make for a fun, memorable and busy weekend.

Then, Savannah and I will come home and go to school and work for one week and then. . . off to the beach we go. Scott, Savannah and I will pick up Nana and head to Myrtle Beach for a week, where amidst all the touristy things that we love to do, and swimming and relaxing, I will feel at home, because it was once my home. I will visit some of my dearest friends and cry that I can't see them more often. We will go to Build-A-Bear and build a ridiculously overpriced stuffed animal and not bat an eye. I will pay ten dollars for tickets for my daughter to ride three rides at Broadway at the Beach and it will be over in five minutes. And I will love every second of it.
And so will she. Can you feel my anticipation building?

And then we will come home, and it will be over, and I am not anticipating that!

1 comment: